Blue Light Phones
Our Boston Campus is equipped with over 100 Blue Light Phones. These phones are equipped with both emergency buttons and dialing capabilities. When reporting an emergency press the emergency button. A dispatcher will answer and ask you if the call is an emergency and will ask for certain information. Please stay on the line. Do not hang up. Constant contact with the dispatcher is essential. Officers will be dispatched to your location immediately. Please review the following directions.
- Simply open the door on the box and press the red button.
- This will automatically dial the University Police dispatcher
- Talk directly into the speaker in the center of the phone.
- Examples of emergency use would be
- crimes in progress, suspicious persons,
- medical assistance,
- traffic incidents,
- fires, and other incidents requiring immediate response.
Press the black button or dial x2121 for a safety escort or for non-emergency inquiries